The following section outlines the process involved in becoming a member of Liverpool Golf Club.
1. Completing the Application Form
- a. Please ensure that all sections of your Application Form have been completed fully. An incomplete form may delay your application;
- b. Please ensure that you provide photo identification at the time of lodging your application;
- c. Ensure that your application has been proposed and seconded by current and eligible members of the club. Eligible members are as follow:
- i. Full Members who have been members of the club for at least 12 months – eligible to nominate to all membership categories.
- ii. Five Day Members who have been members for at least 12 months – eligible to nominate all categories except for Full Membership.
- iii. If you do not know any members of the club in the above categories, please inform the General Manager who will assist you with this aspect.
- a. Once completed, you should lodge your form with the administration office, along with any relevant Joining/Application Fee. The current fee is $150.
- b. In addition to any Joining/Application Fee, all new members must pay the Annual Subscription.
- c. Annual Subscription may be paid by instalments, that being monthly, quarterly or half yearly. The club does not offer monthly memberships and members must be aware that the annual subscription is always payable in full, regardless of any instalment methods the board may allow from time to time.
- a. Upon the lodgement of your application form and payment of the required fees, your form will be posted onto the Members’ Notice Board for a period of not less than 7 days.
- b. At the completion of the above period, your application will be considered at the next meeting of the Board of Directors. The Board reserves the right to reject any application without providing any reason for their decision
- c. Following the Board’s approval or rejection of your application, you will be informed in writing of their decision.
- d. Should your application be successful, you will be informed of the date of the next induction meeting, which you must attend. You will remain a provisional member until such time as you have attended an induction meeting.
- e. Should you application be rejected, you will be refunded all fees paid, including the Application Fee.
4. Provisional Status
- a. Immediately upon payment of the prescribed fees, you will be issued with:
- i. Your membership card,
- ii. Bag identification tag
- iii. Fixture Book
- iv. Booking-in procedures manual
- b. From this point and until the Board’s approval of your application (or rejection as the case may be), you will be granted provisional membership status, which allows you to enjoy the benefits of the category of membership for which you have applied, including the participation in member competitions or obtaining an official handicap.
5. Induction Meeting
- a. Induction meetings are once every three months and all new members must attend the next available meeting following the approval of their application.
- b. Any member who fails to attend the prescribed meeting without prior approval from the board may have their privileges withdrawn until such time as they attend a meeting.
- c. The induction meeting is held in order to:
- i. Formally induct new members into the club;
- ii. Introduce the Club’s Office Bearers, including the President, Captain, Treasurer, directors and senior staff;
- iii. Meet the Golf Operations team
- iv. Explain the Club’s By Laws and Rules with regard to the expected behaviour and conduct of all members as well as:
- 1. Etiquette
- 2. Pace of Play
- 3. Local Rules
- v. Complaints and the Code of Conduct
- vi. Answering any questions that you may have as a result of your provisional membership;
- vii. The presentation of your club cap which will be embroidered with your membership number along with your club key ring, also branded with you membership number.
- d. Complimentary food and beverages are provided at the Induction Meetings which generally take no more than one hour.